Skip to main content

Tax Q&A articles tagged with term 'Business tax questions'

Q&A Claiming tax relief

When running your own business from home there are a number of items you can claim tax relief for. It is important to claim all tax reliefs in order to maximise your income.

Q&A Declaring a second income

Q: I am employed and pay tax and national insurance contributions. However outside of this work I make money as a contractor in another business.

Q&A Offsetting trading losses against PAYE

Q: If, whilst employed and paying tax, I set up as a sole trader as well, can I offset any trading losses against the PAYE I pay through my self-assesment?

Q&A Paying corporation tax in two countries

Q: I have a registered UK company and am currently working in the US for a company.

Q&A Employee and employer NICs on car allowances

We have received a direct query from a reader regarding the practicalities of dealing with this opportunity on an ongoing basis and thought the response would be of interest to other readers.

Q&A Carrying over trading losses

Q: I have a small business set up to trade in furniture which has incurred losses, all encapsulated in my director's loan.

Q&A Tax efficiency opportunities

Q: I am setting up a small UK company to partner with UK universities and other education institutions, to develop UK accredited education programmes to 'sell' to sister companies to deliver in

Q&A Is redundancy pay taxable?